Senior Technical Support Engineer
As a Senior Technical Support Engineer within DSS, the Development Support Services Group, you are responsible for efficiently supporting your internal R&D customer from technical perspective.
You provide your colleagues with quick and professional advice and translate their needs and ideas into physical solutions.
Sonion improves the quality of life of people using hearing products. We are striving and committed to be the preferred partner in the development and manufacturing of transducers and electromechanical solutions designed for (professional) use in hearing instruments, in-ear earphones and hearables. Size matters, and we constantly challenge the laws of physics for making small and reliable products. Our outstanding competences within customer focused innovation and development, and our lengthy experience in efficient manufacturing make us successful.
Sonion has facilities in Denmark, the Netherlands, Vietnam, the Philippines, Poland, USA and China, wherefrom our (more than 6000) colleagues work together across all locations.
Your tasks and responsibilities
Your technical expertise and performance support the timely realization of the new platform designs and customer applications.
Main areas to address will be the designs and prototyping including assembly of Flexes, PCB’S and other electronics for Microphone and other electronics based platforms.
As we see the roles of drawing engineer, technical support engineering and prototyping and tool design/realization becoming more integrated, your focus will be on the following responsibilities as interface between your internal customers from the Development groups and DSS:
- 2D & 3D: CAD/CAM drawing and design support, using Solid Works;
- Design and prototyping of flexes, rigid boards, PCB’s and other electronics;
- Assembling, testing and measuring of Microphones and other electronics related solutions;
- Design and realization of Proto tooling for prototyping processes for electronics;
- 3D printing (currently executed on Envision Tec);
- Laser based welding, cutting and other dedicated operations on various lasers;
A very important responsibility of DSS is to keep the competences and equipment on a state of the art level to optimally support our innovation drive. Together with your colleagues you keep an eye on new technology developments to define working experience and the best solutions for future applications.
Covering a wide variety of state of the art techniques and technologies, you are capable to track multiple activities in parallel without losing overview. Whether you are working independently or in a team, you stay oriented on providing great service to the customer.
Other qualities we ask for are:
- A Bachelor or MBO 4 degree that gave you a technical basis in electronics and preferably also in fine mechanics;
- Strong knowledge and with 2D and 3D drawings and printing;
- Some understanding of designing and realizing prototypes and parts in different materials, laser based operations would be a nice extra;
- Curiosity! You are eager to learn more and more about the technology in this ever-changing world of innovation.
We offer a compensation package that matches your qualifications, including a competitive salary, 27 vacation days, 13 rota free days and 8% holiday allowance. But more importantly, Sonion is a working environment that provides you with the opportunity to steadily further develop. As we are the leading innovators in our field, you will work in different projects for different high-end customers. Along with your manager you will regularly reflect on and make plans for your development and interests. We are an international and inclusive organization where it is easy to connect with colleagues.
Further information and application
Ready to make a difference? Please submit your application in English to jobsatsonionNL@sonion.com As part of our recruitment process, we will process your personal data, as set out in our Recruitment Privacy Notice. An assessment and reference check will be part of the procedure.