Head of Product Management AA+
You will lead AA+ (Advance Audio+) Product Management team. You will drive the product roadmap for assigned markets to support sustainable revenue and profitability growth. You will be responsible for all aspects of Product Management activities. You will work closely together with the R&D organization and lead the product roadmap priorities. You will enable Sonion to bring differentiated new products in the market to build market leadership and achieve individual product revenue and profitability targets.
Your tasks and responsibilities
- Assess market, identify opportunities, define products and build a strong product roadmap.
- Deep dive into target applications, uses cases, value proposition and list critical needs to assure PRD’s and TRD’s offer the most differentiating products in the target markets.
- Conduct detailed benchmark on the market segment, application and product level vs. incumbents
- Lead IP needs for the target market applications for relevant products, uses cases, etc. and execute with internal IP and R&D team. Set the IP roadmap and priorities for MT.
- Continuously assess the markets, lead customer engagement, benchmark and highlight the risks/opportunities for the business cases.
- Analyse the market prices and update product business cases accordingly.
- Lead the product cost roadmap, liaise cost down initiatives with R&D and industrial teams.
- Lead the business and collaboration models with customers on roadmap and joint developments.
- Lead the strategic price negotiation proposals with our lead customers.
- Lead the product pricing strategy per product and support on price negotiations, aligned with the SVP of Sales.
- Lead R&D on the product roadmap needs, priorities and critical schedule needs.
- Lead the marketing communications team on product collateral, press release, social media and Go to market strategy.
- Provide or organize trainings to the AE’s, FAE’s and sales teams.
- Representing Sonion at customer meetings and provide marcom contents for tradeshows.
- Masters or bachelor’s degree in engineering and Master of Business Administration is plus.
- 12+ years of experience leading product management team in Semiconductors industry.
- 12+ years of experience of managing product management and road mapping for consumer/smartphone market segments in the semiconductors industry.
- Excellent understanding of analysing markets, market trends, applications and defining differentiated product/technology roadmap.
- 12+yrs of experience in defining commercial & technical documentation of new products.
- 12+yrs of experience in leading R&D, industrial and quality to execute the product roadmap.
- 12+yrs of experience in leading and executing the product pricing strategy, benchmarking and price negotiations at the strategic customers (in consumer/smartphone market).
- Excellent presentation and communication skills in both verbal and written English.
- Several years of knowledge of Sensors, Audio products, Connectivity and or Biometrics’.
- Successful track record of tuning market opportunities into sustainable product roadmap and achieve long term revenue plans.
- 10+ years of customer engagement experience, working on product management/roadmap role with Samsung, Huawei, OPPO, VIVO, Apple and Xiaomi.
- Ability to travel 35% of your time, including ad-hoc critical customer meetings.
Equally important to your knowledge and experience is the personality you bring. Your enthusiasm makes you a great team member; you are self-driven, supportive, proactive and result-driven. You interact and communicate effectively with a wide variety of people with different backgrounds.
Sonion improves the quality of life of people with hearing products and lifestyle with AA+. We are striving and committed to be the preferred partner in the development and manufacturing of transducers and electromechanical solutions designed for (professional) use in hearing instruments, in-ear earphones and hearables. Size matters, and we constantly challenge the laws of physics for making small and reliable products. Our outstanding competences within customer focused innovation and development, and our lengthy experience in efficient manufacturing make us successful.
Sonion has facilities in Denmark, the Netherlands, Vietnam, the Philippines, Poland, USA and China, wherefrom our (more than 6000) colleagues work together across all locations.
We offer a compensation package that matches your qualifications, including a competitive salary, 27 vacation days, 13 rota free days and 8% holiday allowance. But more importantly, Sonion is a working environment that provides you with the opportunity to steadily further develop. As we are the leading innovators in our field, you will work in different projects for different high-end customers. Along with your manager you will regularly reflect on and make plans for your development and interests. We are an international and inclusive organization where it is easy to connect with colleagues.
Further information and application
Ready to make a difference?
Please submit your application in English to jobsatsonionNL@sonion.com
As part of our recruitment process, we will process your personal data, as set out in our Recruitment Privacy Notice. An assessment and reference check will be part of the procedure.